top of page
Students Typing at Their Computers_edited.jpg

Application Process

— Interns | Trainees —

Intern and training opportunities are available throughout the year, so you are encouraged to apply whenever you are ready. Please keep in mind that, due to long waits for visa appointments at the U.S. Embassy, the entire process can take up to two months — from the date that you first contact us until the date that you arrive to the U.S. to begin your program. Therefore, you should plan the timing of your application accordingly.

Applying for Sponsorship

To get started, contact ICEF and let us know about your background and what you are looking for. We will request you send us your resume/CV; a copy of your university certificate or transcript; and a copy of your passport, including any prior U.S. visas.

We will then coordinate with you and your proposed Host Organization (the U.S. business where you will conduct your internship or training program) to obtain the necessary information and materials, and to develop your official Form DS-7002 "Training/Internship Placement Plan (T/IPP)."

Once all the materials have been submitted, reviewed, and approved, you will be accepted for visa sponsorship. You will be issued a Form DS-2019 "Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status," which you will use to apply for your J-1 visa.

Applying for Your Visa

Following the specific instructions provided by the nearest U.S. Embassy/Consulate, you will go through the process of applying for a J-1 non-immigrant visa, which includes scheduling a visa appointment/interview with a U.S. Consular Officer.  Assuming all goes well and the U.S. Embassy issues your visa, you will then continue planning for your arrival to the United States to embark on your amazing adventure!


bottom of page